Sick

Great balls of fire, I am feeling ill.
Grievous wails of despair come from my mouth
Groaning, sweating, swearing, failing of will.
Gone down a bad path, my health has gone south.

Give me release, succor, a cooling cloth
Growing is my unease that this illness
Growls and rolls in my belly, ceaseless froth.
Green mucus, bane color of un-wellness

Government healthcare does not cover me
Great witch doctors have no elixir cure
Good faith healers' prayers do not set me free.
Gross fluids flowing to make body pure.

Greeting the morning of my discontent
Going to find where my superb health went

Writing Prompt: October 1
Fearful symmetry
Pick a letter, any letter. Now, write a story, poem, or post in
which every line starts with that letter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore