The speed of change

I am not sure if it's like this for other people, but for me, things change very quickly.

It's always been that way. Back in college, I was dating a girl, we had a great birthday dinner. It was an amazing night: we had a fancy meal, we went to Guys and Dolls, her favorite musical, then had an amazing dessert and a walk around Madison.

Next day, she dumped me, because she realized she didn't love me or want to spend more time with me. Thirty days later I was living in New Orleans with a shaved head and no idea what I was doing. Thirty days after that, I ended up falling into my profession as a computer programmer. Six months later I was married.

All of that happened quite quickly, as far as I'm concerned.

So it is with a great deal of trepidation that I announce a new season of change is upon me. I'm not as nimble as I was back in college: Now I have a family, a business, and a household. But new changes are coming, and in the end they will be good. But living situations are changing, and the process of change is always traumatic.

A change in residence is a modest stressor. The assumption of a loan or mortgage is a moderately high stressor. Changes in working conditions, business conditions: moderate stressors.

All of which is to say, we're going to be moving soon, and hopefully buying a house. That's why this post is late, and tomorrow's might be late as well. I will endeavor to keep the habit moving, but I'm not sure exactly how esoteric things will be for now. I'm sure those topics will continue to arise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore