Star Above

I spent last night taking part in a ritual known as 'Star Above', created by my good friend Joseph Wolf. I took some stock of my year, and thought about the year going forward.

The ritual takes a lot from 'Seven Sermons to the Dead', the works which got me into Gnosticism in the first place, and from which the name of this blog is taken. That got me thinking a lot about the various paths, works, projects that I've started and set aside, unfinished.

In the ritual, I played the part of Jupiter. I made sure to cast Abundance and Joy throughout the ritual. We can all use more abundance and joy. It made me reflect on my Jupiter work, how as the King of my Kingdom, I've been slacking a bit. But it's been a good slacking, a rest, a time of reflection, of regrouping, of planning and testing.

The ritual itself will be available soon, in a lovely bound edition. It's a lot of fun, and a ritual group could have a great time, and possibly expose those who are not ritualists or occultists by nature to the workings of magic via this ritual. It's perfectly fine for more casual practitioners, or folks who know what you're into, but don't quite get it.

Due to an incredibly generous offer of the free use of space by a friend of the Church, Rose Cross Community will shortly have a ritual space. Look for regular meetings coming in the next year.

I also saw a copy of Seven Spheres, by Rufus Opus. It's a beautiful book, and the material in the book is considerably expanded from the various rites I've received from him over the years in electronic format. The physical book inspired book-envy in me, envy of the friend who had the copy. I have put in an order for one of my own.

This post really doesn't have a big theme, but it's a compilation of things I've been thinking about, and probably needed to get out of my head. Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore