The Luck Factor

When most people think of luck, they think of either superstition, like a lucky rabbit's foot, or chance, like winning the lottery. When they think of influencing their luck, they think of rituals or superstitions. However, at least one psychologist in Britian took some time and studied the phenomenom, of why some people are lucky and why some are not.

What he found was surprising. He found Four psychological principles (and several sub principles) that lucky people have in common:

  • Maximize Your Chance Opportunities
  • Listen to your Intuition (lucky hunches)
  • Expect Good Fortune
  • Turn your bad luck into Good
I really want to explore these a little more, and see how I end up putting them to use in my own life. I feel I've generally had good luck, and I generally expect good fortune, so I've got some of this down. I'm going to work through the book and the exercises in it, and see what if my luck improves.

What does this have to do with gnosticism or magic? Well, I find it to be part of 'gnothi seauton' myself. I don't think of myself as superstitious, I think of myself as occasionally lucky, but that often we make our own luck and make the most of the chances given to us. We'll see if that's the case as I work through the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore