TEX

So, Tuesday, May 5th, in the evening, I went to Holy Sophia Lodge, expecting to take in a lecture on Enochian Magic. And I did. The Magister of our lodge talked about The Hieroglyphic Monad, and how it is the basis and relates to all of Dee's future work. It was all intensely interesting and historical and related the Trinary to the Quaternary and the Septenerary.

Then he set up the altar, and began the skrying of TEX. And, he had no furniture.

Well, I should say, he had no furniture when he started. He built the furniture astrally, as part of the invocation, from memory. He built the Sigilium Dei Ameth, then the Skrying table, then the Tablet of Nalvage, then the Elemental tablets and the Tablet of union.

From memory.

It was quite effective. I think I'm a bit to materialistic, and would like to have actual tables for the operations. However, this worked just fine, and was similar to my first skrying of TEX, with Lon Milo Duquette, 2 years ago.

I'm not quite ready to begin Enochian work on my own, I don't think. I'm still balancing my elements and working through my wheels of planets. Luna is still open to me, but I've made no further attempts to progress, trying to get my elemental weapons finished. I've been enjoying the process, and hope to have my Fire Wand done soon. Once that's finished, we'll move onto Mercury. Perhaps revisit Luna in a more methodical way.

Comments

Unknown said…
Christopher Lehrich has some interesting things to say about Dee, the Monas and its place in his work. Terri Burns has some good commentary (and the first new translation of the Monas in years) in the Journal of the Western Mystery Tradition, v. 2, no. 13 (free, online).
Rufus Opus said…
Very cool. Can you describe what the experience of TEX was like? For me, it was like the air got really dense and thick, like I was held tightly in the fist of God.

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

Fire Wand & Golden Dawn