January 24

Card Drawn: 9 of Wands, image coming shortly.

The Deck shows 10 flames behind 9 wands, 8 crossed diagonally with 1 in the midddle. It's the moon in Sagittarius, "The weakest of the planets in the most elusive of signs." Yet the card is named "Strength". It's the strange equilibrium of stability and change. One must continue moving in order to keep things stable, stop and you fall over (picture a bicycle).

However, any change is not beneficial, it needs to be directed. If you move left or right on a bicycle without also moving forward, you fall over. To go left, you have to gradually turn, lean into the curve, etc. Direction is necessary.

Energy comes back into balance, and I definitely saw that happening on Saturday. I was at a meeting of our wine club, and it went from being a fairly organized tasting to being a fun party. It was balanced, there were new folks and old stalwarts in the group, there was drunken fun but no embarrassing moments. I played 2 games with my host: won one, lost the other. I was shown twice the embarrassment of hubris.

The energy is directed downwards, toward the kingdom, bringing that energy into a fine balance. I'm finding these moments of reflection in the morning and the evening have this effect, a generating of both energy and the focus to use it.

Psalm 6
O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.

Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?

Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave [b] ?

I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore