January 22


The Princess of Swords, Earth in Air. Yesterday, I thought about what I want to do, where I want to go. I want to go to San Francisco, and that's my eventual goal. However, the timing is not right. I've been apprehensive as I watch my responsibilities here grow, and the opportunities out west diminish. My industry has been hit hard, and there will be a lot of folks with skills comparable or superior to mine. So, the idea of going out there seems to be not rooted in reality, just yet.

However, the idea of staying here is repugnant. I'm not pleased with the environment, nor the lack of progress on several fronts.

Instead, I talked with Emily last night for a long time, about what to do next. She doesn't want to stay in Madison, but she can transfer to Milwaukee for her job. I know folks in Milwaukee, and it's a bigger area with more going on, both religious and magickal wise. I have friends still in Milwaukee. Upon discussing this option, many weights lifted, and the possibilities seemed much clearer, the opportunities much more accessible. Concrete plans began to form, ideas coalescing in our heads.

It's not the ultimate goal, but it's an accessible goal, and a step in the right direction.

Psalm 4

Answer me when I call to you,
O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame [a] ?
How long will you love delusions and seek false gods [b] ?
Selah

Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself;
the LORD will hear when I call to him.

In your anger do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent.
Selah

Offer right sacrifices
and trust in the LORD.

Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD.

You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.

I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.

Comments

Juliana said…
Ah Monsignor, I can well understand your reluctance to jump out west right now. It is a strange and stressful time for job seeking...

But you can find yourself here in due time. Milwaukee may be a good mid-way step.

Most of the programmers I know are finding work - full time or 1099. It's taking longer to move from one gig to the next, however... :)

Pax
J

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore