Virginia Adventures VII - The Ecstasy of Success, the Agony of Defeat

 We had an offer!  YAY!

It was about $70K less than we wanted. Boo.

We countered, came down in price.  YAY!

They refused. Boo.

Back to Square one.  One of the hardest parts of this, is we have to give up two of the equipment pieces we wanted to purchase, so the owners of the new place can afford to keep the Virginia property going while also having the Florida place they just bought.

The whipsaw effect is the worst. I was getting all geared up to get packed and out by 11/20, and now I have all this drive and the route has been removed.  All dressed up, no place to go.

Now I'm at a loss again. On the one hand, I keep packing. On the other, we're starting to run out of stuff to pack, that we don't actually need.  We've already run into the fact that some of the stuff we like cooking with is in the unit. 

Thinking about some road trips. Never been to Crater lake. Might drive down to Ashland, spend the night, then go see the lake.

One thing I'm looking at is the astrological atmosphere. October 18th, both Mercury and Jupiter go direct again. I'm rather attached to both planets for my wealth endeavors. As a gnostic, I'm not bound by them, but there's no doubt that when the winds are blowing the right way, the ship is easier to steer. I am hoping that the change in direction on the 18th will help the unseen portions of the efforts, and make the seen portions happen faster and at the levels we want.

So in the meantime, I've been trying some new things:

  1. DungeonCore lit: This is a strange form of fiction, where the main character is an intelligent 'dungeon' that is trying to kill adventurers. Lots of stats and gamebook style descriptions, yet the series I'm reading (Wrath: A LitRPG Dungeon Core Adventure (Dinosaur Dungeon Book 1) and Pride: A LitRPG Dungeon Core Adventure (Dinosaur Dungeon Book 2)  by Alex Raizman) has been quite entertaining. It some ways it's the standard maguffin/collect allies trope from fantasy (think Aragorn's part of LOTR), but they're both pretty unique.

  2. Thinking about the systems I use in day to day life. Just things that make life more interesting, or easier, so I don't have to think and remember so much.  Updating reminders, especially for contacting folks.

    Side Note: I'm not the best at reaching out to people, but I am  good about responses. Please reach out if you think of it or wonder how I'm doing.

  3. Watching horror movies: I'm not the biggest horror fan. I gave "Scary Stories we tell in the dark" and "What Lies Beneath" a try last night, and it was a good pairing. I'm a fan of What Lies Beneath, even though it's an older movie.

  4. I've been having ideas about what I want to do on the new property.  There's an 8 acre slice that's separate from the farmhouse/field area, that should make an interesting camp/activity site. Once I get there and survey it, I'll be asking for folks to come visit so we can make it all it can be.
Just waiting. 

Gratuitous Cat Pic:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore