The importance of regular practice

Lent is over.

I made the commitment to write every day for Lent. I mostly lived up to it, missed a few days, but tried to make up for it.

Now, that commitment is fulfilled. And so...

I found I've quit writing.

They say 30 days is all it takes to make a new habit, but for some reason, writing never becomes a habit for me. I never 'miss' writing, the way I'd miss some of my other habits, like bathing.

The same is true of spiritual habits. I'll make my commitment for a period of time (Lent, Advent, novenas) and then afterwards, I just... slack off.

I don't know how to overcome this. It seems to be a recurring issue. I'm just bad at doing many things the same way every day. Believe it or not, I sometimes forget to drink coffee in the morning. Then i get a headache and am tired and wonder "Why am I achy and tired?"

So, I'm going to pick a time period, and write some more, and do some spiritual exercises. Maybe I'll start on Tax Day.

SPEAKING OF TAX DAY:  Tomorrow, my book The Hall of Nanael is on sale for only $0.99. And please take a look at the Illuminated Circle books, so you can summon angels and have your own experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore