Day 2: Trying to Meditate on rest is difficult

This morning, I meditated on rest. Or tried to.

I had some issues, because I have a number of things to do, and my meditation revolved around the various tasks I need to accomplish, while trying to think of when I would have time to relax a little.

My life has a lot of moving parts: Esoteric work, Secular work, Religious work, family, buying a house, having to move.  We just got our notice from the landlord that our last day is 6/15/2015 in the farm we're in. We're not quite ready to buy the house, we still need to raise money for the down payment.  We're getting closer, but a bit farther away than we feel comfortable. Secular work has a large project working, and so my work environment is in flux and has a lot of excitement and tension.

All of this occupies my mind as I try to meditate.

But the goal of meditation is not a blank mind. It's to recognize the distractions and pull yourself back towards your meditation. I was able to do that for 10 minutes, time and again.  It was a struggle, because I'm out of practice. The struggle, though, builds the mental meditation muscle.

Not as fun as one would like, but working through it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore