Lenten Practice: Beginnings

Inspired by Father Donald's post about a naked view of lent, I've decided on a Lenten practice that does not involve sacrifice, but does involve discipline. I'm going to start blogging again.

In the past, I've tried to keep my blog limited to truly Gnostic Deep Thoughts (tm) or at least meanderings about various esoteric ideas. However, we can see by the publishing schedule that particular approach does not allow for the most frequent of posts.

I've also said "I'm going to start blogging again" several times, but without a theme or a reason, it's been difficult to be motivated, easy to be distracted.

As lent is a wonderful time to try to enact discipline, I'm going to commit to posting once per day. It may not always be profound.  It may simply be the weird stuff that pops into my head or a short list of what happened during my day. I'll try to relate it to gnosticism or esotericism in some way, but I may not always succeed.

Lately my esoteric work has taken on a holding pattern. I'm at a sort of pause in my studies, and in a consolidation phase with my workings. Soon, soon, that will change, probably after a period of purification. I'm almost thinking that, after Easter, things will break out.

Up until now, my esoteric work has been focused on a few things: Getting a groundwork laid for a local Friary group, working with my other group, and my Jupiter work. The Jupiter work has gone incredibly well. The work for my other group has also gone quite well, and I'm proud to be a part of both of those esteemed groups. The Friary work proceeds in fits and starts, as it always does.

I was privileged to give an talk on Gnosticism to an esoteric group of masons who form Lucis Conquisitores a few weeks ago.  You can see that talk here.

I'm also extraordinarily busy these days, as we're moving to a farm! Twenty acres of goodness. Our intention is to purchase it, and that is the goal I'll be working towards this next year. We need a few things to go our way to make it work, and you all may be able to help. Stay tuned.

In any case, I'm happy to be back at the keyboard. I hope to hear from you, as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore