Updates & Speaking videos

Lately, the real world has kept me very busy, and I have not been documenting it. So, let's document some stuff.

 1) Portland and environs:  I love Portland. It's quirky and weird and filled with lovely people. However, I don't like living there. The spaces are too small, and the fact that I've had 4-5 things stolen that I had great affection for, made me want to move. I'm basically a small town boy who likes being near a larger city.  I'm now setting up in the little nearby town of Newberg with my new girlfriend, Paddy. She has three kids which I'm helping out with, and it's a lot of fun.  This fall, I hope to open a branch of the Hermetic Society in Newberg, at the Masonic Lodge there.

2) I've been doing a bit of speaking, both online and in person. I try to give one talk a semester to the Hermetics Society, I've spoken for Esoterika lodge for their lecture series, and of course I speak at the Johannite Conclaves and TalkGnosis has been kind enough to invite me onto their video podcast. A couple of these have been recorded, so I'll put links below:


H.P. Lovecraft: A Weird Overview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoA23FTw20o 

The Gospel and the Zodiac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFc-mHvMoE

I have another on Hesychasm recorded, and just need to get it into video format.  Look for that in August.

3) I'm working with a fellow hermetic on a book, dealing with the angels of the Shem ha-Mephorash, also known as the Extended Name of God.  We hope to publish Volume 1 (Leo) in September, probably as an ebook, so stay tuned.

4) I've been supporting Father Tony Silvia in his quest to finish The Johannite Prayerbook.  On July 13th, Rose Cross Community of the AJC in Portland will match dollar for dollar every donation made, in remembrance of the Templars (Friday the 13th you know).  Help make this traditionally unlucky day very lucky for us, and help bring this book to the world.

I am going to start utilizing this blog more, but you can always find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tandu.  That's where my weirdness truly shines.

Blessings on all who read this to the end. :)

The Divine bless you and keep you--the Divine make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you; the Divine lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore