Random thoughts

I've been meaning to post more, but you know, I just haven't had the urge, lately. I've had little flashes of Gnostic thought, but nothing profound.

I have been reading Christian Theology, by Alister McGrath. It's been a little odd, because I've been sick, so some of it is not sinking in as well as it should have. However, I did read an interesting section on Scripture and Narrative Theology.

Mr. McGrath talks about how Narrative theology is becoming more popular, and how the stories of Jesus tie the idea of Christ and salvation into the real world. I think it's a valuable idea for Gnostics, tieing our ideas into a physical narrative. That's why I think it's good to keep the Templars and the Cathars in our story, to tie the abstract ideas we have to the physical world.

This is opposed to systemic theology, which starts from an Enlightenment position of first proposals, and builds a reasoned argument from those starting positions, using scripture to shore up the argument.

So, I'm kind of on an intake sort of kick right now. That happens.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Great Blog!

I've found a militant atheist if you want to try and help him; he's at:

www.whyihatejesus.blogspot.com/

GBWY, James

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore