Transformation

That which has been transformed will itself cause transformation. The man or woman who has passed through the philosophical alchemy and has emerged with integrated personality bears ambiguous gifts to the world of which he or she is no longer fully native: in one hand a crown of peace, in the other a sword.

- The Foundations of High Magick, Denning and Phillips


This, I've found, is true, no matter how small the transformation, people around you are transformed: Some positively from your POV, some negatively.

As I've changed and grown, some friends have stayed, new friends have come, old friends have faded away. I've had a ton of money pass through my hands, 3 houses, 7 pets, 4 or 5 jobs. It's amazing.

And it's scary to talk with my friend from college, who had the same job for 10 years, and only recently changed jobs.

Not sure where I'm going with this, I just liked the quote. Made me think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 25

100 books to read

The Masonic Egregore