Thursday, March 16, 2006

$9,000,000,000,000

The Senate voted Thursday to allow the national debt to swell to nearly $9 trillion, preventing a first-ever default on U.S. Treasury notes.
link

I don't normally post on political issues, but I have a question.

Where are the conservatives? Where are the patriots? Why is this happening? $30,000 for every man, woman, and CHILD in the United States?

Is there no sanity in our government? Is there no restraint?

The enemy is not in the Middle East. It's on the East Coast. Debt will destroy our country long before suicide bombers will.

2 comments:

A.K.A.B.U. said...

good post. $9 trillion is majorly scary. It has to all come crashing down at some point. My country, Canada, has a national debt in the billions too. And no-one is doing a thing about it except increase the spending. The top folk have their riches and will just live their lives out and could care less about future generations that will be sattled with that debt.

Patriotic_Mason said...

Scott, I read this yesterday, and it scared the hell out of me. I cannot believe that our Government is so irresponsible. Im planning on writing to my Senators today. It's ridiculous.